Sunday 15 April 2007

so it begins again


I have started knitting again, after a break of 11 years, I can hardly believe it has been that long since I picked up my needles, sadly it is true. Life has been happening in that time, busy , intense and diverse, yet now the time is right again to go back to my yarn passions, knitting, weaving and discovering felting.
It was actually felting that got me back into making things with fibre.
There is a wonderful felt teacher in my community and she run a class every 2 weekend of the month I decided to go and this is what I made in my first class. This is felting from fleece not from a knitted piece, I am sorry the photo is not great I will try and imporve the quality of my pictures as I go






This is the bag as it was made before the handles and finishing touches.

and these are the slippers I made later

and these are the last slippers I made


I hope to get some pics of the cardies and jumpers too that may come in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.